I’m jetting off to Hawaii in a few days for a much needed vacation – and praying for 10 days of sun, (low cal?) frozen cocktails and shark-free surfing. Packing is usually a very last-minute activity for me, but I’m trying to turn over a new leaf for 2013 and get organized ahead of time so that our trip can start out on a relaxing note. Here’s what I’m not leaving home without:
1. I don’t like to bring a lot of jewelry on trips, but I always try to pack one piece that will go with everything. This season, it’s Liv Haley’s ‘Jaime’ pendant in pink opal.
2. Ancient Greek Sandals’ ‘Iris’ beaded sandals will work by day at the pool and after dark, peeking out from under a maxi dress.
3. These 3.1 Phillip Lim aviator sunglasses have the coolest grey smoke design on the frames.
4. I love the color and the cut-outs on this bikini from Australian label Zimmerman.
5. Obviously a tropical vacay calls for tons of sunscreen, and Lancer Skincare’s Vitamin C Antioxidant Sunscreen is always in my beach bag. It does double duty to protect against the sun’s harsh rays with micronized zinc oxide while also delivering a dose of anti-aging antioxidants to the skin.